February 22, 2007

Lay Aside all Earthly Cares in 25 words or less

Album: Lay Aside All Earthly Cares
Composer: Father Sergei Glagolev
Artist: Cappella Romana
Conductor: Alexander Lingas
Rating: ★★★★☆

A heavenly album of inspired compositions, excellently performed. New, yet ancient. Dynamic, yet practically singable. Exciting, yet absolutely prayerful.

A quick note about this review. The “25 words or less” part was inspired by my friend Jeff who posts 25 word or less movie reviews. I've been wanting to write Orthodox music reviews for a while, but always found myself being too wordy. I'm hoping that limiting myself will allow me to actually get some reviews done. Thanks, Jeff!

This review is also formatted as an hReview. I really like microformats, and was inspired by this review and this subsequent post by John Hicks to format my music reviews as hReviews. Thanks to those examples, it was easy to get an hReview up in Blogger.

1 comment:

Brian said...

No problem! I actually found that I like the kind of creativity it requires to write a review in 25 words or less. It also increases the chances that I'll even write them at all.